Theme: Concentric Circles
Monday, 13 August 2018
Rules: The challenge is to add ships to the grid, subject to the following rules:
- All given ships on the in the key must be included in the grid with no others.
- Numbers on some rows and columns indicate the numbers of cells filled by ships.
- No ship may touch another, even diagonally.
- Exactly one ship region is present in each region.
Monday, 6 August 2018
Rules: The challenge is to shade cells in each region, subject to the following rules:
- Each area contains 4 orthogonally connected unshaded cells.
- No two of the same tetrominos, including rotations / reflections are allowed to touch vertically or horizontally.
- All shaded cells must connect upon completion.
- No 2x2 area of shaded cells is allowed.
Monday, 30 July 2018
Rules: The challenge is to draw a single loop, without crossings or intersections, subject to the following rules:
- Bordered unshaded cells and shaded cell do not form part of the loop.
- Bordered unshaded cells must be inside the loop upon completion.
- Shaded cells must be outside the loop upon completion.
- Numbers sum the length of the loop segments in a given direction, each cell border crossed in that direction represents a count of one.
Monday, 23 July 2018
Monday, 16 July 2018
Rules: The challenge is to light up all white cells, subject to the following rules:
- Each region contains exactly one light bulb.
- Each light bulb illuminates all white cells in a horizontal and vertical direction until the beam hits a black cell or a wall.
- Light bulbs cannot shine on each other.