Theme: Along the rows
Saturday, 29 November 2014
Rules: The challenge is insert the numbers 1 to 5, subject to the following rules:
- Numbers form a sequential chain of five from 1 (head) to 5 (tail) connected horizontally and/or vertically to form a snake with no branches.
- Snakes cannot touch other snakes horizontally or vertically, diagonally is allowed.
- A snake's line of sight is from the head opposite the 2 to the first black cell or the edge of the grid. Snakes cannot see other snakes.
- The numbers in the black cell shows the value of the nearest number in the direction of the arrow. This number must appear before any other black cells. A 0 shows there is no snake in the direction of the arrow until the next black cell or the edge of the grid.
Wednesday, 26 November 2014
Saturday, 22 November 2014
Wednesday, 19 November 2014
Saturday, 15 November 2014
Wednesday, 12 November 2014
Saturday, 8 November 2014
Rules: The challenge is to paint some cells, subject to the following rules:
- All painted cells must eventually connect, but must not form 2x2 areas.
- Numbers on some cells indicate the number of consecutive painted cells around that cell, if there is more than one number then there must be at least one white cell between the painted regions, "?" is wild and can stand for any number between 1 and 8.
- Each letter encodes a for different number from 0-8 or ?.
- Cells with clues can never be shaded.
Wednesday, 5 November 2014
Rules: The challenge is to paint four connected cells in each shape, subject to the following rules:
- No two of the same tetrominos, including rotations / reflections are allowed to touch.
- All painted cells must connect upon completion.
- No 2x2 area of painted cells is allowed.
- No tetromino is allowed to cross an internal wall.