Theme: Along the rows
Saturday, 29 November 2014
Rules: The challenge is insert the numbers 1 to 5, subject to the following rules:
- Numbers form a sequential chain of five from 1 (head) to 5 (tail) connected horizontally and/or vertically to form a snake with no branches.
- Snakes cannot touch other snakes horizontally or vertically, diagonally is allowed.
- A snake's line of sight is from the head opposite the 2 to the first black cell or the edge of the grid. Snakes cannot see other snakes.
- The numbers in the black cell shows the value of the nearest number in the direction of the arrow. This number must appear before any other black cells. A 0 shows there is no snake in the direction of the arrow until the next black cell or the edge of the grid.
Wednesday, 26 November 2014
Saturday, 22 November 2014
Wednesday, 19 November 2014
Saturday, 15 November 2014
Wednesday, 12 November 2014
Saturday, 8 November 2014
The objective is to divide the grid into shaded and unshaded cells, subject to the following rules:
- Each letter encodes a different interger from 1-8. These numbers indicate the number of consecutive cells shaded around them. There must be at least one unshaded cell between shaded regions.
- There must be one contiguous area of shaded cells, which is not allowed to contain 2x2 areas or any of the numbered cells.
Wednesday, 5 November 2014
Rules: The challenge is to shade four connected cells in each region, subject to the following rules:
- No two of the same tetrominos, including rotations / reflections are allowed to touch.
- All shaded cells must connect upon completion.
- No 2x2 area of shaded cells is allowed.
- No tetromino is allowed to cross an internal wall.