Theme: Diagonals, long and short
Wednesday, 31 December 2014
Rules: The challenge is to divide the grid into separate areas subject to the following rules:
- Each area has all copies of a single letter, but only that letter.
- Shaded triominoes divide the grid and can only touch at corners.
- Identical triominoes are not allowed to touch diagonally.
- Cells with letters are always unshaded.
- All regions must have at least one letter contained in it.
Saturday, 27 December 2014
Friday, 26 December 2014
Rules: The challenge is to paint stars in each shape, line and column, subject to the following rules:
- The number of stars in each shape, line and column is equal to the number at the bottom right.
- Stars cannot touch vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Thursday, 25 December 2014
Wednesday, 24 December 2014
Saturday, 20 December 2014
Wednesday, 17 December 2014
Saturday, 13 December 2014
Wednesday, 10 December 2014
Saturday, 6 December 2014
Rules: The challenge is to draw a loop around the grid, subject to the following rules:
- Dotted lines represent gates which may extend for multiple cells. The line must pass through all gates, not turning in the same cell.
- Some gates are numbered and must be passed in sequence, according to the number of the gate.
- Circled numbers represent both start and finish of the loop.
- The line may only travel vertically or horizontally.
Wednesday, 3 December 2014
Saturday, 29 November 2014
Rules: The challenge is insert the numbers 1 to 5, subject to the following rules:
- Numbers form a sequential chain of five from 1 (head) to 5 (tail) connected horizontally and/or vertically to form a snake with no branches.
- Snakes cannot touch other snakes horizontally or vertically, diagonally is allowed.
- A snake's line of sight is from the head opposite the 2 to the first black cell or the edge of the grid. Snakes cannot see other snakes.
- The numbers in the black cell shows the value of the nearest number in the direction of the arrow. This number must appear before any other black cells. A 0 shows there is no snake in the direction of the arrow until the next black cell or the edge of the grid.
Wednesday, 26 November 2014
Saturday, 22 November 2014
Wednesday, 19 November 2014
Saturday, 15 November 2014
Wednesday, 12 November 2014
Saturday, 8 November 2014
Rules: The challenge is to paint some cells, subject to the following rules:
- All painted cells must eventually connect, but must not form 2x2 areas.
- Numbers on some cells indicate the number of consecutive painted cells around that cell, if there is more than one number then there must be at least one white cell between the painted regions, "?" is wild and can stand for any number between 1 and 8.
- Each letter encodes a for different number from 0-8 or ?.
- Cells with clues can never be shaded.
Wednesday, 5 November 2014
Rules: The challenge is to paint four connected cells in each shape, subject to the following rules:
- No two of the same tetrominos, including rotations / reflections are allowed to touch.
- All painted cells must connect upon completion.
- No 2x2 area of painted cells is allowed.
- No tetromino is allowed to cross an internal wall.
Saturday, 1 November 2014
Wednesday, 29 October 2014
Saturday, 25 October 2014
Wednesday, 22 October 2014
Sunday, 19 October 2014
Wednesday, 15 October 2014
Saturday, 11 October 2014
Rules: The challenge is to draw a single, closed loop along the gridlines, subject to the following rules:
- All clues must be contained within the loop.
- With the loop itself blocking the line of sight, the clue displays the number of other squares can be seen from that cell vertically and horizontally.
Wednesday, 8 October 2014
Sunday, 5 October 2014
Rules: The challenge is to divide the grid in pentominos, subject to the following rules:
- No two of the same pentominos, including rotations / reflections are allowed to touch.
- Letters indicate which pentomino occupies that cell, pentominos may contain any number of letters (including zero).