Theme: Squares in squares
Monday, 24 June 2019
Rules: The challenge is to draw a single, closed loop and shade some cells, subject to the following rules:
- Numbered cells indicate the amount of shaded cells in the corresponding region..
- Shaded cells cannot touch horizontally or vertically but may touch diagonally.
- All remaining white cells should be traversed by a single closed loop, with no branches and which doesn't cross itself.
Monday, 17 June 2019
Monday, 10 June 2019
Monday, 3 June 2019
Monday, 27 May 2019
Monday, 20 May 2019
Monday, 13 May 2019
Monday, 6 May 2019
Rules: The challenge is to draw a loop around the grid, subject to the following rules:
- White circles must be travelled straight through and must turn in the previous and/or next cell in its path.
- The loop must turn in black cells and must travel straight through the next and previous cells in its path.
- The loop mustn't cross or branch off.
- All gates must be travelled straight through exactly once without any turns.
- Some gates and circles are numbered and must be passed in sequence, according to the number of the gate.
Monday, 29 April 2019
Rules: The challenge is to place stars in each row and column, subject to the following rules:
- The number of stars in each row and column is equal to the number at the bottom right.
- Stars cannot touch vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Monday, 22 April 2019
Monday, 15 April 2019
Monday, 8 April 2019
Monday, 1 April 2019
Rules: The challenge is to draw a single path which connects the two black circles, subject to the following rules:
- Numbered cells indicate the number of cells with a path in the corresponding row or column.
- There are no crossings, branches or loops.
- All cells shown are part of the path.
Monday, 25 March 2019
Monday, 18 March 2019
Monday, 11 March 2019
Rules: The challenge is to shade connected cells in each region, subject to the following rules:
- Areas contain two identical shapes, which may be reflected or rotated.
- No two shapes may share an edge.
- Clues indicate the size of the first shape encountered in the corresponding direction.
Monday, 4 March 2019
Rules: The challenge is to fill in the numbers 1 to n in the grid, subject to the following rules:
- Insert numbers between 1 and n so that there is 1 number in each cell without a slash and 2 numbers in each cell with a slash.
- In cells with a slash, the smaller number always goes above the larger number.
- Each area contains the numbers 1 to n.
- The sum of the numbers along the arrow equals the number in the circled cell. Numbers in cells with a slash are treated as fractions.
Monday, 25 February 2019
Monday, 18 February 2019
Monday, 11 February 2019
Monday, 4 February 2019
Monday, 28 January 2019
Monday, 21 January 2019
Monday, 14 January 2019
Monday, 7 January 2019
Rules: The objective is to draw a line linking the 2 black circles, subject to the following rules:
- The line is 1-cell thick and travels vertically and horizontally.
- The snake cannot touch itself, even diagonally.
- All highlighted regions must be visited and may be re-entered.
- Where 2 regions have the same shape and orientation, the path the line travels must be the same.